- Guaranteed payment at the end of the month
Choose the loads you want with peace of mind that at the end of the month you will have guaranteed payment of your completed loads.
- Feel looked after 24/7
If before, during or after the delivery of a load any questions or unforeseen circumstances arise, contact us and we will help you to solve it on the spot.
- All your loads in a free app
By downloading the Ontruck app free of charge, you will receive all the loads on your mobile. With no added costs or subscription fees.
The Ontruck app is available for free for iOS and Android devices. Once it is installed and the required documentation has been submitted, you will start to receive notifications of loads and routes adjusted to your location and type of vehicle, you can choose whatever best suits your needs.
There is often a difference in price between what the shipper pays to book the loads and the rate which we offer to the haulier. Prices vary according to various factors such as volume, weight and height of the load (which determine the best vehicle to complete the job) as well as distance. We apply our technology to each load to optimise routes, and offer you the best possible rates. As we grow we’re able to offer you better and better routes.
- We work with a variety of hauliers who all have different aims for their business. Self-employed owner-operators and small fleets in particular love our platform because it allows them to pick up additional loads to fill their week, some work with us 100% of the time. We also work with medium-large sized fleets too who see a lot of benefits from the service level Ontruck is able to offer.
Ontruck only partners with hauliers who are fully registered and compliant with the local transportation authority, including full insurance for the commercial movement of goods. We conduct document checks at onboarding, and we’ll setup each haulier’s profile with all relevant vehicle specifications and registrations that will be used to complete loads on the platform.
We work with vehicles of different characteristics depending on what the client needs transported:
- Luton vans
- Rigid trucks
We have vehicles on our platform with or without tail lifts and curtainsiders.
All Carriers are self-billed. This means that at the end of the month, Ontruck will produce a self-bill invoice detailing all of the journeys completed in the calendar month. Carriers receive this self-bill invoice at the beginning of the preceding month with 30 days payment terms. For example, journeys done in May would be self-billed at the beginning of June, with an invoice date of 31 May, to be paid in 30 days (by 30 June).
Unapproved journeys are those that are missing a POD and are therefore invoiced separately and placed on hold whilst we are waiting for you to complete the documentation requirements. Ontruck reviews unapproved invoices every 15 days (at the beginning of the month and in the middle of the month). At these review dates, if an approved POD has been provided, the invoice will be changed to approved status and paid 30 days from this review date. To ensure that you are paid quickly, complete the POD requirements of your journey within 24 hours and there will be no delay.
Note, Ontruck does not operate under "paid when paid" - you do not need to wait for the Shipper to pay Ontruck in order to receive payment for your journeys. As long as you professionally complete journeys and upload a POD in 24 hours, we will pay you on time (30 days from invoice date).
With Ontruck, it is not necessary for you to send us an invoice every time a load has been completed. All you have to do to ensure you get paid on time is upload a photo of the POD via the app within 24h of tipping the load. We will generate you a payment statement after each month closes before you receive your payment on the 10th, including any extras such as cancellation fees or demurrage.
- Your availability. We try to prioritize the carriers who work mostly with us, as their overall incomes are more reliant on the work that we provide them.
- Your GPS position. In order to send you loads in the areas in which you work, we need to know your GPS position during your working day. This enables us to optimize the loads we offer you so that they are within your area. If we have an emergency load, we send it to the carriers who are nearest to the collection point.
- Your preferences. Within the app, you can set up the times and days that you prefer to work with us and tell us where your vehicles are kept at night. We use this information to offer you loads that start or end near this location, in order to reduce the empty kilometers and save your time and fuel.
- The quality of your work. This criterion is very important to us. We will soon send you a weekly email so that you can follow your performance scoring evolution. If you have any doubts or questions about your current scoring, you are always welcome to contact us.
In cases where all of the criteria are the same, we try to distribute the loads equally between our carriers. If one carrier has already done jobs and the other carrier has not, we will prioritize the carrier who has not yet completed a job.
Make sure that your app is correctly set: let us know the location where your trucks spend the night and that your GPS is activated within the app.
We also take into account the quality and consistency of our carriers so please make sure to check the email that we have shared regarding your performance.
Double-check that your settings are correct: let us know where your trucks spend the night and activate your GPS within the app. You can also increase the number of days/hours that you want to work with us. Please note that if you unassign loads frequently, this will have a negative impact on your performance, and as a result, you will be less likely to get loads.
- The POD must be sent within 24h after the load is completed. If you have any doubts, you can always use Ontruck’s template.
- The photo of the POD must be of good quality: avoid shadows, blurriness, or having other objects in the image.
- The POD must be sent via the app, not by email or mail.
We have updated the app to make sure that you have enough time to read through all the load details before accepting the job. It is important that once accepted, you do not unassign the load, either via the app or by asking the team.
This system exists in order to allow carriers to unassign loads in the case of an exceptional event that is beyond their control. If you unassign loads frequently and at the last minute, your performance will be negatively impacted and you will be less likely to get new jobs.
We expect our carriers to be on time. When calculating performance, we do not take into account events that cannot be controlled or avoided by carriers, such as standstill. However, we sanction any delay on the first load of the day.
App status updates
In order to follow-up loads and provide a consistent, reliable service to our clients, you must update your status in real-time. If you update all the steps in a row or if our team has to do it for you, your performance will be penalised, because it will be more difficult for us to do the follow-up.